View of where the mill and bridge use to be. Note the bridge abutment on the left by the red building.
photo by Tyrone Hemry 13 January 2015
The Mill, dam, and bridge on Salt Creek at Richmond Dale in Ross Co. in 1908
Chillicothe postcard view of Buckskin Covered Bridge in the 1960s.
Bridge over Deer Creek, north of Chillicothe on State Route 104
C H & D railroad men tightening up the turnbuckles as a train runs across the new C H & D (forerunner of the B&O) bridge over the Scioto River east of Chillicothe in 1877. The wooden Kilgore Bridge in the background that burned down in 1878. A steel bridge replaced the wood bridge.
Please email additions or corrections to email@example.com.
Or mail to Waverly City Guide, 455 Hay Hollow Road, Chillicothe, Ohio 45601
Kellenberger Road Bridge
The old East Main Street bridge from Paint street to Rt. 772 There seems to be some question on this so does any one have a better idea?
Chillicothe Main Street Bridge Scioto River about 1918 There seems to be some question on this so does any one have a better idea?
Chillicothe Columbus Pike Bridge
Paint Creek Valley about 1909
Stockman Covered Bridge spanned Little Salt Creek in Jefferson Township. It was built in 1882 and stood until an unknown date and was 2½ miles east-southeast of Richmond Dale on Old US 35. at Latitude: N39 11.44, Longitude: W082 46.16 . This bridge was set on wood pilings instead of cut-stone abutments. information and picture by Mark Howell
Route 50 covered bridge designed by Wernwag over Paint Creek, built in 1840, had a clear span of 195'. The bridge was remove about 1933 or 1934
Note supporting pier is made of wood
Silver Ford covered Bridge