Kingston Home Restaurant from ad seen  in 1922. Who remembers when Kingston published its own newspaper, the Kingston Tribune?

Mark Howell collection

Cloud's Grocery on the SE corner of Main & Pickaway Sts. in Kingston, Ohio. Dr. Goodman's dentist office was upstairs.

The Hill girls in front of the old Hill's Funeral Home on Pickaway Street in Kingston

Columbus & Southern Railroad line 1898 map from Circleville to Kingston, Hallsville, Adelphi, Laurelville and to South Bloomingville

photo by Tyrone Hemry 13 August 2016

The bar side of the Town House in Kingston, Ohio back in the day

Kingston had their own newspaper   Feb 14, 1958

Kingston National Bank

photo by Tyrone Hemry 13 August 2016

A $10 banknote issued by the First National Bank of Kingston, Ohio in 1909 showing back side

Boggs Automative 38 North Main Street, Kingston formerly known as Boggs Chevrolet a car dealership  I assume they lost the dealership when Obama took over GM and many dealerships were closed.

photo by Tyrone Hemry 13 August 2016

Kingston Village Hall built 1932

photo by Tyrone Hemry 13 August 2016

1860 Kingston map

Kingston Valley Grain Valley Grain engine

photo by Tyrone Hemry 13 August 2016

the old Townhouse Restaurant,  — with Kristi Byrne

Kingston Jubilee Gospel Center

photo by Tyrone Hemry 13 August 2016

Kingston The big Snow November 25, 1950

Kingston Mt. Pleasant Church

photo by Tyrone Hemry 13 August 2016

Buchwalter's Grocery on South Main Street in Kingston, Ohio. Before Buchwalter's acquired it, it was Davis Grocery

Kingston High School shop class in 1927

Kingston United Methodist Church
photo by Tyrone Hemry June 2012

Mose Buchwalter's beehives in Kingston

Mark Howell collectiom

A $10 banknote issued by the First National Bank of Kingston, Ohio in 1909

Kingston Valley Grain

photo by Tyrone Hemry 13 Aug 2016

Kingston High School Class of 1941 at Logan Elm Park in Pickaway Co. five months before the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor and everyone's world changed.

News clipping detailing the account of the robbery of a safe containing money and medicine from the Mowery Pharmacy in Kingston

Circle of Faith Ministries

photo by Tyrone Hemry 13 August 2016

Looking at side of building

photo by Tyrone Hemry 13 August 2016

Origional the RK Whirlaway roller skating rink. (The RK stood for Rufus Kerns). Rufus, Gladys, Paul, and Ferne Kerns all worked there together, just like all of the Kerns' businesses in Kingston: Kerns' Hardware, Roller Rink, Dairy Cream, Paul & Sons Carry Out, Kerns' Restaurant, and the gas station. This according to Mark Howell.


Seph Brown says "There was a printing company in part of it in the early 70s"


Karen Fraley Coey, "I worked at the Print shop in 1974-75 until they closed ... Zane Commercial printing owned by Glenn Roberts. Then Jim Hanish opened the auto parts store. Jim & Gail lived upstairs."

photo by Tyrone Hemry 13 August 2016

Scioto Valley Traction Co. combination freight, passenger and substation at Kingston, Ohio
photo by Tyrone Hemry 13 August 2016

Majorettes from Centralia School (consolidated with Kingston HS to form present-day Zane Trace) marching in the Hospital Day (Memorial Day) parade at the Chillicothe VA Hospital in the 1960s

The Fifth Grade class at Kingston School in 1953-1954

A 1908 photo of Ernest Sims driving a horse-drawn carriage in Kingston

The 1930 Kingston High School Women's Championship Basketball team

A $20 banknote issued by the First National Bank of Kingston, Ohio in 1929

Elm Street around 1910

Photo from Sesquicentennial Anniversary, History of Kingston, Ohio. Dated July 5, 1984.

Photo from Sesquicentennial Anniversary, History of Kingston, Ohio. Dated July 5, 1984.

Mose and Lula Buchwalter at their store sometime around 1957

 Becky Williams's photo

Brundige & Boggs Lumber Grain & Coal Kingston, Ohio at corner of Picaway & Railroad Street

photo sent from Carla Davis

Inside Buchwalter's Grocery in Kingston

Buchwalter's Store on South Main Street, Kingston after a heavy snow.

A parade in downtown Kingston during the 1930s.

Kingston The Davis Grocery on Main St. In 1914. Walter Davis sold it to the Buchwalters, who operated it until 1964

Kingston Third graders at  School in 1951-195

Former Kingston School

photo by Tyrone Hemry August 13, 2011

Kingston street scene showing Pickaway St. around 1910

Please email additions or corrections to hladvertising@hotmail.com. 
Or mail to Waverly City Guide, 455 Hay Hollow Road, Chillicothe, Ohio 45601

Scioto Valley Traction Co. combination freight, passenger and substation at Kingston, Ohio

photo by Tyrone Hemry 13 August 2011

Scioto Valley Traction Co. combination freight, passenger and substation at Kingston, Ohio showing back side

photo by Tyrone Hemry 13 August 2011

                 Grapette Bottling Company Kingston 10 Oz ACL Soda "Taste The Difference"


Grapette Company founded in Camden, Arkansas in 1939, by Tyndle Fooks grew to national prominence with its flagship Grapette grape soda.  In the 1970s the Grapette Company was acquired by a competing soft drink company and the Grapette brand slowly diminished in the United States.

Former Kingston High School

Group picture at Kingston Scioto Valley substation taken August 11,1905

Kingston, Ohio winter scene

Kingston Main street looking north c 1915

Picaway Street Kingston looking east c 1908

Kingston, Ohio

Kingston Korn Karnival October 1909

 Renick W. Dunlap Renick William Dunlap was Ohio's thirteenth Secretary of Agriculture. The Secretary of Agriculture served as the head of the Ohio Board of Agriculture. Dunlap was born in 1872, in Kingston, Ohio. He graduated from The Ohio State University in 1895. While at this institution, Dunlap excelled at football. A farmer for much of his life, Dunlap also became involved in politics, including serving in the Ohio Senate from 1903 to 1905. In 1906, Dunlap became Ohio's Dairy and Food Commissioner. In 1914, he became Ohio's thirteenth Secretary of Agriculture. He held this position until, 1916, when he resigned at Ohio Governor Frank B. Willis's request. From 1925 to 1932, Dunlap served in the U.S. Department of Agriculture as an assistant secretary. Upon retiring from this position, Dunlap returned to farming in Ohio. He died in 1945.

Originally called Ingston, for Thomas Ing, but residents added a K.  Village was incorporated in 1834.

Kingston, Ohioin pictures and information

Zip code 45644

Untitled
Let these sponsors know you love this site
Southern Ohio Moument Co.....AM 660....
Vallery Ford....Sunrush Water....Union Stables....

Kingston late 30s early 1940s. In background we see Targee's Red  & White market at the left, a shoe store in the center, and Kingston High School at the right

Fifth Grade class at Kingston-Union Elementary School at Kingston, Ohio in 1960-1961 with Mr. McGuire as teacher.

The Fairmont Creamery Co. on Main Street at Kingston, Ohio. In later years it became Buchwalter's Grocery.

Mark Howell collection

A 1966 fire by the Red & White Grocery on Main Street at Kingston, Ohio in Ross Co.

Mark Howell collection

Kingston Valley Grain
photo by Tyrone Hemry 13 Aug 2016

The aftermath of the 1966 fire in uptown Kingston, Ohio with Kingston High School shown at the right.